The Chaim Sheba Cancer treatment center in Israel
When a person receives a diagnosis of cancer, it can invoke feelings of desperate fear and hopelessness. But there still significant reason for hope once a diagnosis has been made.
Chaim Sheba Hospital Cancer Center is rated one of the largest and most successful cancer treatment centers in Israel. Our staff of oncologists, nurses, and technicians specializes in many different types of cancer, allowing them to provide patients with individualized treatment options according to his or her specific type of cancer. Our aim is to minimize their fear and optimize treatment results.
Administrator Dr. Raphael Katan and the staff of Chaim Sheba Hospital Cancer Center are not only motivated by the medical treatment of cancer, but also by the opportunity to offer emotional support through a professional and innovative psychological approach. In addition, our research in the field of cancer allows us to implement many innovative approaches to treatment. This is the driving force behind our success. In addition, we maintain close collaborative relationships with leading pharmaceutical companies to help develop and introduce modern cancer treatments and new anticancer drugs.
Important Information about Chaim Sheba Hospital Cancer Center:
- More than 2,500 new cancer patients receive care annually.
- Approximately 25,000 outpatient procedures for cancer treatment are performed annually.
- The Cancer Center brings together a variety of industries related to the treatment of various types of cancers and receives about 37,000 visitors a year.
- Modern Radiotherapy (radiation therapy) serves approximately 2,000 new patients each year.
- The Department of Brachytherapy (internal radiation) receives and treats about 270 patients annually.
- The Cancer Center hosts for more than 30 clinical studies relating to the developmental stages of cancer.
- We participate in continuing research within the Center's laboratories.
Departments of Chaim Sheba Hospital Cancer Center:
Chaim Sheba Hospital Cancer Treatment Center offers Israeli residents and international patients a professional staff of oncologists trained at the best medical centers around the world.
Dr. Rafael Katan is a teacher at the Faculty of Medicine and Tel-Aviv University.
Expertise: Clinical oncology, radiotherapy, breast cancer, GIST, general oncology, palliative care.
Research activities: Dr. Katan has studied treatments for bone metastases through a focused ultrasonic radiation involving the use of MRI technology.
Dr. Ido Wolf is a senior doctor in the Department of Oncology- digestive system cancer
Expertise: general medicine, oncology.
Clinical activity: the treatment of tumors of the digestive system and endocrine tumors
Research activities: Dr. Wolf has studied the link between cancer and endocrine disorders, such as diabetes and obesity.